10/11/2005

Dusty's Boys Will Be Back

The Cubs announced today the entire coaching staff will return for 2006, including pitching coach Larry Rothschild.

Rothschild apparently turned down the opportunity to go to Detroit to be reunited with Manager Jim Leyland. Rothschild says 'he owes Chicago to bring home a winner'. I hope he means that. He will retain most of his starting staff from 2005 (Prior, Zambrano, Maddux and hopefully Kerry Wood). Plus a more experienced bullpen. Let's hope they have more success and better health in 2006.

All of the coaches signed a 1 year deal and 2006 is the last year on the current contract for Dusty Baker. The Cubs coaching staff for 2006: Dusty Baker, Juan Lopez (Bullpen Coach), Dick Pole (Bench Coach), Gary Matthews, Sr. (First Base Coach), Larry Rothschild (Pitching Coach), Gene Clines (Hitting Coach), Chris Spier (Third Base Coach) and Sonny Jackson (Special Assistant).

The launch of my new site is VERY SOON. Keep on reading....Go Titans! Go Predators!...174 Days until Opening Day 2006.

2 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 09:48:00 PM, Blogger CCD said...

I just stumbled onto your site. I like it. I look forward to seeing your new site.

I am not to excited about the return of Dusty's staff. I have no idea what Dick Pole does and have not seen any progress in OBP with Clines and/or Matthews working with the hitters.

 
At 10/19/2005 09:22:00 PM, Blogger Neil said...

Thank you for the compliment. Sorry it took so long to reply. I have been working VERY hard on the new site. If you would like to preview it go to chicagocubsonline.com. This will be the new site. I am attempting to go live this weekend.

Like I said I have mixed feelings about Dusty's staff. I think the experiment of switching Clines and Matthews from 2004 to 2005, did not work. I will always be a fan of the Sarge, but a change is needed.

I will do research on exactly what Dick Pole does....

Thank you for the comment and keep on reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home